X-Plane 12 is the latest version in the flight simulator series for Windows, Mac, and Linux systems. In this simulator, there is a whole world to discover. Thanks to its open structure, all users and enthusiasts can change every single part of it and adapt it to their references.
In X-Plane 12, every major aspect of how Laminar Research simulates the world and its effects on aviation has been rewritten based on first-principles physics and real-world data with tireless pursuit of realism.
- Photometric Lighting Engine: Light brightness, intensity, spread, and more – all computed in real time with the laws of physics.
- 3D Water: Gorgeous global water rendering, complete with wave height controls and floatplane interaction based on feedback from expert pilots.
- Seasonal Effects: Tree colour and leaf coverage vary to show season – snow accumulates, too!
- Tropical Water Colors: Gorgeous, geographically-aware water colours.
- 3D Forests and Vegetation: Large variety of 3D trees with variation of species, size, and seasonal effects. They even sway in the wind.
- Ambient Sounds: The entire world now comes to life with FMOD sound – birds in the forest, cars in the cities and of course, ground service vehicles.
- Tower Kit: Custom suite of endless control tower variation, easy to use for maximal realism.
- Animated Jetways: Jetways move to meet your aircraft when parked at the gate.
- Localized ATC Procedures/Voices: Air Traffic Control follow regional procedures and accents around the world.
- Pavement Effects: Airport artists can choose from a library of pavement effects to perfectly capture the look-and-feel of airports by setting level of cracking, oil spills, pavement material, and more.
- Real Weather: Proprietary algorithms to turn data from the real world into X-Plane weather.
- Wake Turbulence: Powerful streams of upset air left in the atmosphere by other aircraft – just like real life.
- Microbursts: Small, powerful downdrafts – perfectly modelled with pilot training in mind.
- Thermals: Terrain-generated updrafts that allow gilders to gain altitude without a tow plane.